If the windows in your Maryland, Washington, DC or Virginia home have seen better days, you may be considering retrofit window installation. This smart move could benefit your home’s appearance and comfort level, especially if you choose Quality Window & Door to perform the installation for you.
We believe in educating our customers to help them make informed decisions and avoid buyer’s remorse. When you’re ready to get your retrofit window installation project started, please call us at 800-308-5701 for a free consultation.
What Are Retrofit Windows?
You’ve probably heard different terms thrown around, including new construction, replacement, and retrofit windows. What’s the difference?
As the name implies, new construction windows are typically reserved for buildings currently under construction. They come with every part of the window, including the framing, interior and exterior sill, and a nail fin to secure the window to the frame of the house.
The terms “replacement” and “retrofit” are used interchangeably. These windows don’t include the frame and sill, which are still present from the previous window installation. Instead, a window installer measures the existing opening and orders retrofit windows to fit. This provides a lower-cost replacement option compared to installing new construction windows.
Is it Time for Retrofit Window Installation?
Are your windows getting old and drafty? Do they fail to operate the way they once did? Window repair is possible in some instances, but you should opt for retrofit windows if you want to enjoy these benefits:
- Improved comfort: Drafts are no more with professionally installed retrofit windows. They close tightly to keep heated and cooled air inside where it belongs.
- Enhanced home security: Better locking mechanisms and multiple panes of glass make it harder for thieves to break into your home.
- Reduced noise: Double- and triple-pane windows are much better at blocking out noise than your old single-pane windows.
- UV protection: Special window glazing reflects UV rays back outside. This keeps your home cooler in the summer and prevents your furnishings from fading.
- Improved aesthetics: If rotting wood windows or peeling paint has you feeling down, start fresh with retrofit windows that can improve your home’s curb appeal.
- Lower maintenance and cleaning requirements: The improved aesthetics of retrofit windows last for many years thanks to modern materials that stand up to the elements with only a small amount of maintenance and cleaning required.
- Increased resale value: Even if you end up moving, replacement windows are beneficial because they can boost home value.
Retrofit Windows Available from Quality Window & Door
What type of retrofit window are you looking for? Because we source our windows from several of today’s top manufacturers, odds are we have the right operating styles and window materials to suit your needs. Even if you know nothing about retrofit window installation, we’re here to help you learn!
We can also help you find what you’re looking for if you have a particular manufacturer in mind. We carry retrofit windows from these brands:
- Weather Shield
- Infinity from Marvin Ply Gem
- United Window & Door
- And others
Let Quality Window & Door Install Your Retrofit Windows in MD, DC & VA
With the vast selection of retrofit windows available from Quality Window & Door, we probably have the products you need! Come and explore retrofit windows from today’s top manufacturers at our Maryland or Northern Virginia showroom. While you’re here, feel free to ask questions, compare products, and schedule a free consultation.
When you’re ready to get started, please contact us online or call 800-308-5701.
Bi-Folding Door Installation
Installation from the Quality Window & Door team
Watch our team install this thermally broken aluminum bi-folding door system from Euro-Wall.