If you love spending time in your garden or entertaining on the back deck, it’s vital that you have a fully functional patio door. Maybe you’re ready for an upgrade. Could double French patio doors be the addition you’re looking for?
A French door is any swinging door with glass panes throughout its length. Often, these doors are installed in pairs to create an extra-wide opening to your backyard. The added beauty and functionality of a wide patio door could be just what you’re looking for.
Interested in learning more about French patio doors or getting a free consultation about installing them in your home? Call Quality Window & Door at 1-800-370-8751 or contact us online today!
French Patio Door Installation in MD, DC & VA
No matter if you’re replacing an existing hinged patio door or constructing a new home, Quality Window & Door is highly capable of installing your new French patio doors for you. We carry top-quality products from some of today’s best patio door manufacturers. Some of these come in standard dimensions while others are custom made to create the grand entranceway you have in mind.
In addition to supplying great products, we also perform expert installations. Even if the job involves expanding the existing door opening, we’ll obtain the necessary building permit to make sure your project goes off without a hitch.
Benefits of French Patio Doors
There’s no doubt about it—you have many types of patio doors to choose from. What makes French doors the right choice for so many MD, DC and VA homeowners? The benefits speak for themselves:
- Easy access to the backyard: Whether you’re hauling tables and chairs outside or you simply want to open the doors wide for some fresh air, double-wide French patio doors are a huge benefit. There’s no need to squeeze in and out when you choose this type of patio door.
- Versatility: If you have extra guests over and need to set up a table near the patio door, you can lock one side in place so only one door operates. This keeps your patio door functional while still accommodating more people on the deck.
- More natural light: A single patio door lets in some light, but double French doors allow in even more, especially if you have large sidelights installed on either side.
- Great views: An unobstructed view to the exterior is priceless, especially when you’re soaking up the sight of your garden, enjoying a summer lightning storm or watching your kids play in the yard. French patio doors provide these views.
Need more information to decide if French doors are right for your home? Give us a call at 1-800-370-8751 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation!
Hinged French Doors vs. Sliding Glass Doors
As is the case in making any choice regarding your home’s access and design, whether we’re talking windows and doors or even a roof, the question largely comes down to the advantages and disadvantages. If both products are roughly equal, then it’s down to aesthetic preference. In regards to a sliding or hinged French door, let’s first define the differences:
- A hinged French door is defined by a door with glass throughout its length—often filling the innermost sections of the door. French doors can come as a single door or as two doors that join with both handles facing inward. You might also hear them called a “swinging” patio door, which is also accurate.
- A sliding glass door is essentially two large panes of glass, almost a pair of long, door-length windows, that act as a patio door. In most cases, one of the door panels is fixed, while the other rests on a track that allows it to slide. Sliding French doors do exist (a combination of the two types) but these aren’t as common.
Overall, both exterior doors perform fairly well, with some small differences in what they offer. In the case of a sliding glass door, you get a classic look and a functional option that saves space, since the door doesn’t need to swing outward or inward on a hinge. French doors are often regarded as a more “handsome” or elegant look and can add some security and energy efficiency since the full pane and metal parts of a sliding glass door often impact thermal heat gain and loss.
Which door will serve your needs best? For exterior doors in Maryland and Northern Virginia, you can trust Quality Window & Door to help you decide! Call 1-800-370-8751 today for expert assistance.
Count on Quality Window & Door for French Patio Door Installation
The best way to fully appreciate the benefits of your new French patio doors is to hire an experienced company to perform a superior installation. Quality Window & Door has the knowledge and expertise needed to deliver a job well done for your project.
In addition to our great products and installation work, we’ll never pressure you into making a purchase. Instead, we take an educational sales approach, helping you learn about French door styles, materials, and features that work best so you make the right choice for your needs. This approach sets us apart from other window and door retailers and installers in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC. We feel that the more you learn about quality French patio doors, the more you’ll want to work with Quality Window & Door on your project!
To get your patio door installation project underway, visit one of our local Maryland or Northern Virginia showrooms. We’ll answer all your questions and make sure you feel confident about your final choice. You can also contact us for a free, no-obligation estimate when you’re ready for help selecting the right patio doors for your home.
Centor Display Door
From Quality Window & Door
Take a look at how the Centor integrated door systems work.