Who Makes Fiberglass Windows?
Quality Window & Door is a leading window contractor that sells and installs fiberglass windows throughout Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
With a number of benefits over traditional window materials, fiberglass windows are quickly becoming a popular choice among homeowners in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC. At Quality Window & Door, we carry fiberglass windows from two different manufacturers:
- Weather Shield – Weather Shield’s EnduraShield® line offers premium fiberglass and fiberglass clad wood windows and patio doors. Their fiberglass windows offer remarkable strength, durability, and energy efficiency.
- Norwood – Norwood’s Permaglass windows are known for their strength, insulation, design flexibility, and low maintenance requirements.
If you’re planning a window replacement job, fiberglass windows might be just what you need. Whether you are located in Olney, Fairfax, or anywhere in between, call Quality Window & Door at 800-370-8751 to get started.
What Are the Benefits of Fiberglass Windows?
First introduced more than 20 years ago, fiberglass windows have made leaps and bounds and now hold a place firmly among more traditional window materials such as wood, vinyl, and aluminum. Some of the benefits of fiberglass windows include:
- Strength – Fiberglass windows need no reinforcement, and a high strength-weight ratio means you get added structural strength without added weight. It’s hardness allows for smooth hardware operation and benefits home security features
- Insulation – Fiberglass is one of the most effective insulators on the market, with a low heat transfer rate and a low U-Value
- Design Flexibility – Fiberglass’ tensile strength allows slimmer designs with larger glass area, providing more natural light and enhancing heat gain during the colder months.
- Durability – Fiberglass is not affected by moisture, extreme heat, cold, or acidic conditions. It does not degrade with exposure to UV rays, salt, or chemical or acid rain and it has an 80 year life expectancy.
- Energy Efficiency – Fiberglass manufacturing requires less energy to manufacture than other materials, generating less waste than other materials during the manufacturing process. Fiberglass is an insulating material and does not require a thermal barrier like most other types of windows. Additionally, fiberglass windows expand and contract at much lower rates than aluminum or vinyl, meaning reduced air leakage and lower energy bills.
Fiberglass Windows from Weather Shield
Fiberglass Windows from Weather Shield’s EnduraShield line are an environmentally friendly choice for homeowners throughout Maryland, DC, or Virginia. They are available to custom fit your home in double hung, casement, slider, special shape, or awning styles. EnduraShield windows are available as all-fiberglass or fiberglass-clad (meaning the interior is made of wood, but the exterior remains durable and intact regardless of weather or moisture).
Fiberglass exterior finishes from the EnduraShield line include five standard colors: white, tan, Hartford Green, Brick Red, and Craftsman Bronze.
Get a Quote for Fiberglass Window Installation in DC, MD, or VA Today
Fiberglass windows provide a number of benefits, making them comparable to (and in many cases, preferable to) more traditional window materials. If you’re planning a window replacement job and want more information about fiberglass windows in Maryland, Washington, DC, or Northern Virginia, call Quality Window & Door today!
“People that I can trust”
When it comes to the Quality Window & Door experience, sometimes it’s best to let our happy customers do the talking.