Looking for patio doors for your MD, DC, or VA home? Our door contractors and installers are ready to help!
Is it finally time to replace your old, energy inefficient patio doors? No matter what kind of patio door you’re looking for, be it a swinging French door or a sliding glass door, you should expect it to be durable, safe, and beautiful.
You can expect all these qualities and more in the patio doors Quality Window & Door offers! When it comes to patio door replacement, we’ve provided homeowners throughout the Maryland, Washington, DC, and Virginia area with quality replacement and new construction installation. To put it simply, we have all your patio door replacement needs covered—and have been covering them for your neighbors since 1989!
To request a free consultation for your patio door replacement project, call us today at 1-800-370-8751 or contact us online today!
Visit Our Door Showrooms in MD & VA!
We invite you to meet with our experienced door specialists and view our extensive selection of new patio door products. We offer two conveniently located showrooms in Maryland and Virginia so you can compare and review our collection of new products and brands.
6700 Distribution Drive
Beltsville, MD 20705
2820 Dorr Ave.
Merrifield, VA 22031
*by appointment only
Wondering about the cost of patio door replacement? Visit our showroom or give us a call at 1-800-370-8751 to let us know the number and style of doors you’re considering and we can provide a free consultation!
Patio Door Replacement from Top Patio Door Manufacturers
Our replacement patio door selection is extensive, with every type of door style and material from a variety of top manufacturers, including:
- Weather Shield
- Ply Gem
Types of Patio Doors We Replace & Install in DC, MD & VA
When it comes to replacement patio door styles, you have a number of options. From lift and slide doors to bi-fold doors to hinged doors to sliding glass doors, your patio door replacement options are anything but limited. We can help with new construction patio doors as well as help replace sliding glass doors in your existing DC, MD, or VA home.
Sliding Glass Patio Doors
The ultimate patio door—the one that probably comes to your mind when you think of patio doors—is a sliding patio door. They require less space than swinging patio doors and provide an unobstructed view. Learn about telescoping patio doors.
Swinging Patio Doors
Swinging (or hinged) doors are great for not just patios but verandas and porches too. French doors are a popular style for these types of patio doors. If you have a beautiful patio view or have a backyard feature you want to emphasize, French style swinging patio doors can seamlessly showcase it.
Bi-Fold Patio Doors
Another viable option for your patio door replacement is a bi-fold door, which is modern, low-maintenance, energy-efficient, and helps save space!
3- & 4-Panel Patio Doors
French Doors vs. Sliding Glass Doors
French doors and sliding glass doors are both great options for modern patio doors, but which is best for you? Here’s a brief description of each type.
A French door is defined by a door with glass throughout its length—often filling the innermost sections of the door. French doors can come as a single door or as two doors that join with both handles facing inward. You might also hear them called a “swinging” patio door, which is also accurate. They are commonly used as both interior doors and exterior doors.
A sliding glass door is essentially two large panes of glass, almost a pair of long, door-length windows, that act as a patio door. In most cases, one of the door panels is fixed, while the other rests on a track that allows it to slide.
Which door will serve your needs best? For exterior doors in Maryland and Northern Virginia, you can trust Quality Window & Door to help you decide!
Materials for Your New Patio Door
Once you select the shape and style of your new patio doors, you’ll then need to select the material. It can seem like endless possibilities, from fiberglass to steel and wood to vinyl, but the choice can be easy when you consider each material’s benefits and what is important to you and your family. Here are the most popular patio door construction materials for the Maryland, DC, and Virginia area—and what makes them a great choice for you:
- Fiberglass – Fiberglass patio doors have the look and feel of wood doors but will withstand extreme changes in weather and moisture, so they are a great energy-efficient and long-lasting choice for the sometimes volatile weather known to this area.
- Wood – For homeowners wanting the rich, beautiful appeal of real wood, there’s a large selection in the type of wood—from grain, color, and species.
- Aluminum – Aluminum patio doors are equally lightweight and strong. It’s also a great cost effective choice compared to true wood patio doors.
- Vinyl – Usually the most cost-effective choice for patio doors, this material will never fade in color, flake, peel, or rot. It’s known for its durability and energy efficiency.
- Clad – Clad wood patio doors can give you the best of both worlds: energy efficiency and durability of fiberglass, aluminum, or vinyl on the outside where your doors will face the elements and beautiful wood on the inside for your family and guests to remark in its beauty.
Patio Doors from Quality Window & Door
It doesn’t matter what type of patio door you’re interested in—it is guaranteed to:
- Last a long time: We only offer replacement patio doors from the best manufacturers in the industry, which use the highest quality materials to ensure your door will last as long as possible.
- Improve safety: Our patio doors come with features that enhance safety, such as special locking systems, extra-strength latches, and overall better security.
- Enhance the appearance of your home: Whether you have a contemporary home or a 1950s ranch-style cottage, you’ll find a replacement that you’ll love. Our doors suit all needs and design preferences.
Contact our area patio door replacement experts today to learn more about patio doors for sale. You’re bound to find one that’s perfect for your home!
Timelapse of Sliding Patio Door Installation
Here's a look at our door installation process!
See our Maryland door installation experts in action with this timelapse video of a recent project!