What Are Composite Wood Windows?
Thinking about composite wood windows for your home, but want to learn more?
Let’s start with the basics:
What are composite windows?
Composite windows are made of several different materials that are combined together. This gives composite windows the look and benefits of several types of windows rolled into one. Composite windows are an excellent choice for homeowners that would like to have the aesthetics wood windows offer with the low maintenance offered by vinyl windows or fiberglass windows.
If you are looking for replacement windows that provide exceptional durability, energy efficiency, aesthetics, and value, composite windows are a good option.
Composite Window Advantages
Composite windows offer a number of advantages that other window varieties do not offer on their own, including:
- Low Maintenance – Unlike traditional wood windows, composite windows can offer the appearance of wood windows without the maintenance. Since the exterior surface is not susceptible to rotting or chipping, there is no need to sand, scrape, or paint composite windows.
- Energy Efficiency – Composite windows offer exceptionally low air infiltration and are generally manufactured to have an insulating core to decrease the transfer of heat.
- Design Choices – A wide variety of color and styling options are generally available along with wood cladding, giving homeowners a large selection of design choices.
- Superior Durability – Composite windows offer superior durability to wood windows. They are less susceptible to expansion, contraction, and warping, making them less likely to develop air leakage.
- Environmentally Friendly – In addition to providing homeowners with lower energy costs, composite windows are often made with environmentally friendly materials and recyclable frames.
Our Composite Wood Window Products
At Quality Window and Door, we offer composite wood windows from Interstate Windows. Interstate’s CompositWood windows blend the elegant appearance of a true wood window with the maintenance freedom of vinyl, the strength of metal, cutting edge energy saving and operational features into a beautiful and durable window system. Frames and sashes are made from a proprietary mix of specialty polymer and acrylic resins, creating an “engineered composite”, super tough, solid core material.
To learn more about CompositWood windows, click here.
Composite Wood Windows in MD, DC, & VA
If you are looking for composite windows in the Washington, DC metro area and would like a window replacement estimate, contact the replacement window professionals at Quality Window & Door today or visit one of our showrooms in Maryland or Northern Virginia.
Simply fill out the contact form on the right or call us at 800-370-8751 to request a free in-home replacement window consultation today!
Weather Shield Project Portfolio
Design Flexibility from Weather Shield Windows & Doors
Watch this video to see the versatility that comes with Weather Shield products and lines.