Beautiful installation & replacement services since 1985.
Do you love curling up in a cozy reading nook on a chilly fall afternoon? If so, bay windows could be for you! One of the most traditional architecture features, bay windows are a classic way to add a touch of class and elegance to any home. Quality Window & Door carries an assortment of bay windows from a variety of manufacturers. So, whether you’re looking to replace an old bay window or wanting to give your home a new architectural flair, contact us today or visit our window showroom for design inspiration!
Call us today at 800-370-8751 to schedule a free consultation on a bay window installation or replacement project. We’ve been serving the DC, MD, and VA area since 1985.
Bay Window Features
Bay windows are typically found in more traditional homes and buildings throughout the DC area. Common features of bay windows include:
- Protrusion—That’s a fancy word for “stick out.” Bay windows usually protrude at about a 30, 45, or 90 degree angle. They make the exterior of your home look bigger and add to the interior square footage. So, if you notice a window that seems to stick out from the rest of the home, chances are it’s a bay window!
- Window Panes—Most bay windows have window panes. Because bay windows are such a traditional window style, it’s natural they go with other traditional window features like panes.
- Window Seats—If you notice a home has this feature, usually it’s a sign they have bay windows!
Advantages of Installing Bay Windows
Bay windows don’t just look pretty, they have a lot of practical advantages, increasing the appeal and value of your home.
- More Space—Bay windows are great for making your home look bigger than it actually is. You can use the new space to create a reading nook, an extension of your living room, or a variety of other cozy corners!
- Extra Natural Light—The bigger the window, the more natural light that enters your home. Given how big bay windows are, you’ll get plenty of natural light that’ll brighten up your whole room!
- Enhanced Views—Because bay windows are built at an angle, you can get great views! Regardless of the view you have, a bay window will enhance the view of any Maryland area home.
- Added Curb Appeal—A lot of homeowners like to include bay windows in the front of their house to make it more visually appealing. This can help you get a better price if you sell your home!
Bay Window Installation in DC, MD & VA
Want to learn more about bay windows and how to incorporate them into your home? If you’re located in Washington, DC, Maryland, or Virginia area, contact us today! Whether you choose vinyl, aluminum, or wood, we’d love to help you with all your bay window needs!
Call us at 800-370-8757 or contact us online »
Centor Display Door
From Quality Window & Door
Take a look at how the Centor integrated door systems work.