10 Best Window Styles for Amazing Views
Whether you’re remodeling or building a new home, you want to enjoy the scenery from inside as much as possible, especially if there’s a lovely lake, mountain, or forest just beyond your property. This means your home needs plenty of windows. But which ones lend themselves to the best possible views? Here are the 10 most popular styles to consider.
- Sliding windows: Sliders tend to be the largest operable windows available. They feature one fixed and one moving pane that slides horizontally for cool breezes to go along with the splendid view. Weather Shield offers several sliding windows, including those from the Aspire Series.
- Casement windows: The single-sash casement window cranks open vertically on a metal track. The Premium Series casements from Weather Shield are the perfect marriage of great looks and uncompromising performance. Install multiple casement windows side-by-side to expand your view even further.
- Awning windows: Hinged at the top with a horizontal orientation, awning windows—like the all-wood ones from Weather Shield—tend to work best in bathrooms and walk-in closets. Positioned at eye level, they provide a look outside without compromising privacy. In this way, awnings grant amazing views where there otherwise would be no view at all.
- Double-hung windows: These classic windows are available with innovative style when you choose them from Weather Shield’s Signature Series. With slimmer lines and more visible glass, you get better views while staying true to traditional style.
- Single-hung windows: These are similar to double-hung windows, but only the bottom sash operates. Historic single-hung windows from Weather Shield are ideal if you’re hoping to combine classic elegance with modern efficiency.
- Picture windows: Also called a fixed window, this style doesn’t operate. In fact, its sole purpose is to provide natural light and stunning vistas. With no moving parts to worry about, picture windows can be incredibly large, eliminating many restrictions.
- Bay and bow windows: For panoramic views, push the windows beyond the foundation of your home. Bay and bow windows achieve this flawlessly, creating a nook where you can install a window seat to take full advantage of the view.
- Corner windows: Who says you can’t have wrap-around views without bay or bow windows? Corner windows—like the ones from Weather Shield’s Contemporary Collection—add drama to the corners of your modern home by opening them up with glass.
- Geometric windows: Accentuate the angle of your vaulted ceiling or install an octagonal window on the staircase landing for a distinctive accent. Specialty geometric windows from Weather Shield make it possible to expand your views beyond what standard windows can achieve.
- Custom windows: Aiming for a fantastic view doesn’t mean you should neglect the subtle aspects of your new windows. Every Weather Shield product is customizable to suit your design tastes. Choose special sizes, shapes, grille patterns, hardware styles, colors, finishes, and more. Offering customers the ultimate design flexibility means every order is one-of-a-kind.
Install Windows with a View in DC, MD & VA
Quality Window & Door is proud to supply and install all of the Weather Shield products highlighted above. These windows not only provide a great view, but they also offer a sophisticated and energy-efficient addition to your home. No matter what operating style or design you choose, rest assured that all Weather Shield windows are flawlessly engineered and painstakingly crafted to satisfy even the most fastidious homeowners.
This is just one of several window brands we offer our DC, Maryland, and Virginia customers.
“A service unmatched by anyone”
When it comes to the Quality Window & Door experience, sometimes it’s best to let our happy customers do the talking.