Top-Notch Installation in Maryland, DC & Virinia
The safety and security of your home or business relies heavily on the type of front door you install. Whether you want a single door to improve security or a second door to close over your regular front door, you can find what you’re looking for from Quality Window & Door.
Our non-proprietary supply of security doors lets us focus on educating you about your options, not pressuring you into making a purchase you might regret later. We take pride in our customer service and educational sales approach. If you have any questions about security doors or want an installation quote, please call our office at 800-370-8751.
Security Doors for Maryland Homes & Businesses
The purpose of a security door is to prevent unauthorized access to a home or business. You can find several varieties of security doors today. The most common options include:
- Openwork steel security doors resembling wrought iron with a tempered glass back panel
- Solid steel security doors with sturdy side fixings designed to look like a regular fiberglass or wood door
- Security screen doors with sliding tempered glass panels that open to allow in fresh air when desired
The doors themselves are heavy duty and often feature additional devices to increase security, including deadbolts, bars, door chains, and alarms. Hinge screws are also useful to prevent an intruder from pushing the door in after removing the hinge screws. You can even install a security door with the hinges hidden from view for additional safety.
Security doors are traditionally installed at the front entrance of a home or business, but they can also provide additional security for individual areas within the building, including basements, escape routes, vaults, and panic rooms.
Benefits of Security Doors
- Keep intruders out: Obviously, the most important benefit is the ability to avoid unauthorized access. With the proper features and installation, security doors are nigh on unbreakable. Their durable construction also means they last for decades.
- Couple with alarm technology: Homes and businesses with security systems can install sensors directly on a security door to sound the alarm if the door is tampered with. A quick response from local authorities increases the chance of catching the perpetrator in the act.
- Stop fire from spreading: Solid steel security doors can double as fire doors. When installed on the interior, security doors slow the spread of fire so you have a chance to extinguish it before too much damage is done.
- Withstand storms: Security screen doors, also called storm doors, earned their name for a reason. The extra layer over your regular front entry door provides protection from hail, wind, and hurricanes. This helps your front door retain its paint color and functionality for years to come.
- Increase energy efficiency: When the weather’s bad, a closed and locked security door effectively blocks drafts. On the other hand, when the weather is nice, you can leave the regular front door open and the security screen door shut. Then, slide open the glass panel to expose the screen and allow fresh air to enter without letting bugs in or pets out. This control over your front door’s tightness and ventilation increases comfort and efficiency.
If a security door sounds like something your home or business could benefit from, count on Quality Window & Door to deliver great products and professional installation. The more you learn about us, the more you’ll realize that we’re the best source for durable, effective security doors. Call our office at 800-370-8751 for a free quote or visit one of our local showrooms in Maryland or Virginia to see our security doors in action.
“I just want to work with someone who really, really knows the product”
When it comes to the Quality Window & Door experience, sometimes it’s best to let our happy customers do the talking.