About Centor Expandable Doors
Do you love spending time outside? What if you could bring the outside in? With Centor expandable doors, you can enjoy inside-outside living like never before. Learn how Centor doors work and the benefits they could bring to your home.
What Are Centor Expandable Doors?
Centor manufactures a variety of custom residential doors that integrate indoor and outdoor spaces. The basics include:
- Folding doors
- Double swing doors
- Single doors
- Sliding doors
The characteristic that sets Centor apart from other doors is their ability to expand outward, instantly integrating your home with the exterior. When closed, the doors can be covered with a retractable, light-filtering or blackout screen to darken the interior and provide privacy when you need it. Or you can push the screens aside, where they disappear into the wall, for a beautiful view of the outside through what appears to be floor-length windows.
When you want a breeze or need to quickly step outside, simply open one door panel the way you would with an ordinary swinging or sliding door, depending on the type you choose. For full integration with the outside, slide or fold the doors to their fully open position. Then you can slide a retracting insect screen over the opening if you want to keep pests at bay.
Benefits of Centor Expandable Doors
If you love the idea of integrating the inside with the outside, why should you choose Centor expandable doors? The benefits speak for themselves:
- No more awkward screens: Ordinary screens block one side of the door or the other, never allowing you to fully open your home to the outside. Centor doors feature integrated screens that slide into the walls and completely vanish when not in use. The screens are free of pleats, joints and folds for a simple, refreshing appearance. This gives your home a clean aesthetic, whether the screens are in use or tucked away.
- Blackout and light filtering features: Blackout shades cover the large glass panels when you want the interior to be dark, such as while sleeping or watching a movie during the day. These panels also provide privacy without bulky, awkward curtains. Light filtering shades provide the perfect compromise between privacy and allowing natural light to enter without creating a glare.
- Robust, but easy to move: Centor doors have perfectly mastered the balance between robustness and ease of use. They feel sturdy, but they’re slim and slide smoothly in their tracks. You can literally open and close the doors with just your fingertips, making them a delight to use. A child-friendly design also means the screens can be opened and closed from any height.
- Energy efficient design: You might be concerned about what all that glass will do your home’s energy efficiency. Thankfully, the doors feature thermally improved aluminum construction. A solid wood lining on the inside adds further insulation. Plus, the integrated screens act as another layer of glazing to help your home retain warmth or coolness more effectively. With these features, you can expect to see very little impact on your energy bills.
- Quality craftsmanship: Centor doors are built to last, with furniture-grade materials and high-quality craftsmanship you can count on for many years to come.
If you live in the Maryland, DC or Virginia area, turn to Quality Window & Door for all your Centor products. As a trusted Centor dealer, we can help you choose the right products for your home and complete professional installation. Whether you’re building a new home or renovating your current residence, we can help! Contact us today for a free estimate.
“They’re my friends in this business, so that’s why I go to them”
When it comes to the Quality Window & Door experience, sometimes it’s best to let our happy customers do the talking.