Do you have a historic home that needs new windows in Maryland, Washington, DC, or Northern Virginia? Do you want more energy-efficient windows but are worried about ending up with windows that look too modern for your historic home? For nearly 30 years, Quality Window & Door has been providing custom historic window replacement services in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. We have extensive experience helping homeowners choose the right windows for their historic window replacement project.
Looking for custom windows “near me” for a historic property in the DC area? From choosing the windows to installing them, we’re with you every step of the way—call us today at 1-800-370-8751!
Historic Window Replacement Made Easy
Is it time to replace the drafty historic windows that you’ve had forever? Do you want new windows for energy efficiency, safety, or aesthetic reasons? Whatever the case may be, you can find the perfect historic replacement windows at Quality Window & Door.
There are a number of reasons people replace their windows, from energy efficiency (one of the most common reasons), comfort, and durability to safety, maintenance, re-sale value, even decorative purposes! Whatever your reason is, you can count on finding historic replacement windows for your DC area home from Quality Window & Door that seamlessly match your home’s overall style and your personal taste!
Custom window replacement from Quality Window & Door will:
- Help you save money on your utility bills
- Keep your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer
- Match perfectly with the overall style of your historic home
- Help improve the safety of your home, with more durable, secure windows
- And more!
Take a look at the historic replacement windows we carry, and call 1-800-370-8751 to request an estimate or learn more!
How Long Does It Take to Get Custom Windows?
It typically takes about four to eight weeks from the time you place your order until your windows arrive (this can vary depending on the time of year and type of windows you order as well).
On installation day, the time it takes to complete your project depends on the type and number of windows you’re installing. In general, you can expect the crew to spend about 30 minutes on each window, removing the old one and putting the new one in its place. The length of time required for installation also depends on whether you’re simply having the windows replaced or also getting historic window sash replacement.
For residential projects, the entire job can usually be finished in a single day. Larger commercial projects take longer.
Our Historic Replacement Windows
With different historic replacement windows from top manufacturers like Norwood, Weather Shield, and Parrett, the windows we offer are durable, efficient, and operate reliably for years and years. When it comes to the style of the window, you won’t be limited in your choice!
We offer windows to meet every need, including:
- Historic double hung windows – double hung windows are ideal if you’re replacing your window for cleaning and maintenance purposes. The convenient sash design allows for easy removal and cleaning!
- Historic picture windows – also called fixed pane windows, these windows cannot be opened. If aesthetics is your main priority, picture windows are great. Available in different shapes and sizes, these windows offer spectacular views.
- Historic bay windows – also offering amazing views, bay windows can add to your home, both aesthetically and financially! If you plan on moving sometime in the near future, keep in mind that bay windows can increase the resale value of your home!
- Historic casement windows – due to their airtight sealing created by the sash and the frame, these casement windows diminish air leakage and are good solutions for improving the energy efficiency of your historic home.
- Historic awning windows – these replacement windows are also energy efficient and provide superior ventilation.
- Historic transom windows – transom windows go above doorways and can truly enhance the architecture of your historic home! They add unique detail and since they let in lots of sunlight, these windows are ideal if your home feels dark all the time.
- Historic bow windows – if you want a unique look for your home, you can opt for bow windows, which are four windows angled to create a curved shape (like bay windows). They provide plenty of natural light and can add value to any home!
If you know nothing about windows except for the fact that you need new ones, don’t worry—we will guide you every step of the way. Contact Quality Window & Door today at 1-800-370-8751 or request an estimate online to learn more about historic window replacement in Maryland, Washington, DC, or Northern Virginia for your historic home or commercial building!
Our Service Area
“People that I can trust”
When it comes to the Quality Window & Door experience, sometimes it’s best to let our happy customers do the talking.