Looking for double hung windows in the Washington, DC, Virginia, or Maryland metro area? Quality Window & Door offers some of the industry’s best double hung windows from leading manufacturers, including Weather Shield.
Weather Shield double hung windows are available in a number of styles, including:
- Contemporary Collection (modern aluminum clad windows)
- Premium Series (architectural grade aluminum-clad windows)
- Signature Series (aluminum-clad windows)
- Custom Shield (wood windows)
- Aspire Series (vinyl-clad windows)
- EnduraShield Series (fiberglass and fiberglass-clad windows)
Benefits of Double Hung Windows from Weather Shield
- Easier Cleaning—Because you can remove the sashes, double hung windows are much easier to clean. With double hung windows, you’ll have no excuse to clean both the inside and outside of your window. This can be especially important to Maryland homeowners, as the weather and humidity in this area can create dirt, mold, and other buildup on the exterior of your windows.
- Increased Safety—Do you hesitate to open the windows around your small children or pets? With double hung windows, you can enjoy the cool summer breezes and keep your loved ones safe—just open the top sash instead of the bottom!
- Improved Curb Appeal—Whether you’re going for a traditional look or something more modern, double hung windows can fit a variety of home décors.
Weather Shield Double Hung Window Features
With so many window styles to choose from, the differences between them all can be confusing. Double hung windows from Weather Shield have the following features:
- Upper and lower sashes—Double hung windows have two parts to slide up and down.
- Removable sashes—You can remove the sashes to let fresh air in and to make cleaning a breeze.
- Spring balances—Most double hung windows in Maryland use springs to support the sashes during opening and closing.
- Shutters—While you might not see this today, originally double hung windows were paired with shutters.
About Weather Shield
Weather Shield has been producing American made windows and doors since 1955. For more than 60 years, Weather Shield has been producing some of the highest quality windows and doors available on the market. Weather Shield has long been a leader in producing exceptionally energy efficient products, incorporating a number of energy saving features–most notably Zo-e-shield® glass—the World’s Best Energy Glass™.
Available in a variety of shapes and styles, Weather Shield windows can meet virtually any residential or light commercial fenestration needs.
Weather Shield Window Installation in MD, DC & VA
Ready to learn more about how Weather Shield® double hung windows or doors can be a great option for your Maryland, Washington, DC or Northern Virginia area home or commercial project? Give us a call today at 800-370-8751 speak with one of our experts or to schedule an appointment in one of the Quality Window & Door showrooms!
Weather Shield Product Catalogs
“A service unmatched by anyone”
When it comes to the Quality Window & Door experience, sometimes it’s best to let our happy customers do the talking.