Window Energy Efficiency
Are you in the market for new energy-efficient windows? You probably want the best replacement windows available – but do you know exactly what makes a window energy-efficient? There are a number of different things that determine window energy efficiency.
Factors that influence window energy efficiency include the:
- Style or type of window (picture, casement, awning, etc.)
- Window material (wood, vinyl, etc.)
- Type of glass
- Location of the window
- Government regulations
Learn more about window energy efficiency.
What Makes a Window Energy-Efficient?
To go into a little more detail, an “energy-efficient window” has:
A high-quality frame – certain materials help insulate better
Low-E glass – the special coating on this type of glass helps keep heat inside your house in the winter and outside in the summer
Multiple panes – two panes insulate better than one (especially with gas-filled space in between them), and three-pane windows are even more energy-efficient and offer more sound control
Window Energy Efficiency: ENERGY STAR
Many replacement windows are ENERGY STAR rated (just look for the blue label!), but what exactly does this mean? How does a product get an ENERGY STAR label? In accordance with EPA requirements, ENERGY STAR replacement windows (and other products):
- Contribute “significant energy savings nationwide”
- Must meet consumer demands and deliver higher energy efficiency
- Can be measured and verified with testing, in terms of performance and energy consumption
- Are effectively distinct from other products and clearly “visible” for buyers
- Can be offered by multiple manufacturers and dealers
Plus, if these products cost more than conventional products that are less energy-efficient, consumers should be able to recover the cost through utility bill savings, within a “reasonable” time period.
The ENERGY STAR label was initially created to accomplish two things:
- Make it simple for consumers to buy energy-efficient products that offer great savings but are just as convenient and reliable as conventional products
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and other harmful pollutants caused by inefficient energy use
Energy-Efficient Replacement Windows in MD, DC, & VA
If you’re looking for energy-efficient replacement windows that can help your wallet and the environment, Quality Window & Door has what you need. We offer a wide, non-proprietary selection of windows from leading manufacturers. In fact, that’s what makes us stand out among other replacement window companies in Maryland! We aren’t about high-pressure sale tactics – we want to help you find the absolute best product.
Contact us today to see why so many homeowners and builders in the Maryland, Washington, DC, and Northern Virginia area have chosen Quality Window & Door!
Window & Door Replacement Services
There’s a reason we’re called Quality Window & Door.
Our team would love to help you transform your home and add value to it for years to come.