Popular Windows in Maryland
As a Maryland homeowner, you may be looking for replacement windows. You won’t choose just any style, though, because you want the right look for your home. Of course, energy efficiency and durability are important to you as well. How do you know when you have found the right product? Consider the most popular types of windows in Maryland to help you narrow down your options.
Many homes in Maryland were built in the time of George Washington. These beautiful historical buildings look best with windows that fit in an older time period. This makes wood the best choice.
Luckily, today’s wood windows are better than windows of the past. Choosing new wood windows from Weather Shield allows you to take advantage of many benefits without compromising the historical look of your home:
- Wood windows are aesthetically pleasing. They contribute to the historical look you have worked so hard to sustain.
- Wood windows are customizable. You have literally thousands of combinations to choose from thanks to several wood species, stains and paints available.
- Wood windows increase home value. It’s important to sustain your historic home’s value and this type of window lets you accomplish that.
- Wood windows minimize condensation. As long as you maintain them properly, you can expect your wood windows to last for many years thanks to this characteristic.
Weather Shield’s EnduraShield line of fiberglass windows is a popular choice in Maryland because of its many benefits:
- Fiberglass windows are durable so you can expect your investment to last for many years. These windows don’t warp, chip, crack or rot.
- Fiberglass windows are energy efficient to help keep your utility bills down. Not only is the fiberglass itself insulated, but nearly zero expansion and contraction prevents air infiltration around the window frame.
- Fiberglass windows are low maintenance so you can enjoy these benefits without any fuss.
The Weather Shield Contemporary Collection has all the features a modern Maryland home needs to stand out. Most modern windows are casements or awnings. These crank-operated windows promote expansive views and offer great ventilation. Special shapes also allow you to add character to your home.
Modern windows in the Contemporary Collection are aluminum-clad. This means they have an aluminum exterior and a wood interior. This material combination has many benefits:
- Aluminum-clad windows are aesthetically pleasing. The aluminum visible from outside your home is sleek while the wood on the inside of your home has a warmth and elegance that other materials can’t match.
- Aluminum-clad windows are customizable. With seven wood species to choose from and dozens of colors, you have thousands of combinations available to you.
- Aluminum-clad windows are strong. They require little maintenance and can last for decades.
- Aluminum-clad windows add value to your home. Many buyers are willing to pay a higher price for a home with modern windows.
Timelapse of Bi-Folding Door Installation
Installation from the Quality Window & Door team
Watch a timelapse of our install of this thermally broken aluminum bi-folding door system from Euro-Wall.