Choosing Weather Shield Windows
If you’re in the market for replacement windows, you have probably heard of Weather Shield and all the great features this brand has to offer. But with so many Weather Shield windows to choose from, how do you begin narrowing down your selection? Use this guide to help you choose the right windows for your project.
Benefits of Weather Shield Windows
Consider this brand for your upcoming window replacement project to enjoy:
- Wide product selection: Weather Shield windows are fully customizable, meaning you can select materials, styles, colors, sizes, finishes, and hardware in whatever combination you prefer.
- Industry-leading efficiency: Advanced technology in every window, including the Zo-e-shield glass coating, means Weather Shield offers some of the highest-performing products in the industry.
- Great warranty: All Weather Shield windows and doors come with a 20-year warranty.
Choosing the Right Window Material from Weather Shield
Weather Shield offers windows in a variety of materials to suit different needs. Make your choice based on appearance, price, and performance.
- Vinyl windows: As the most affordable window material, vinyl also offers low maintenance and energy efficient performance. Vinyl windows last for many years because they resist rotting, chipping, peeling, and fading.
- Fiberglass windows: At a slightly higher price point, fiberglass windows grant even more durability and efficiency than vinyl. Plus, a consistent color throughout the entire frame means that nicks and scratches remain virtually undetectable.
- Aluminum windows: This modern material gives your home an industrial look. Thermal breaks and other window frame technologies overcome aluminum’s conductivity, which could otherwise hamper this material’s efficiency rating.
- Wood windows: This iconic window material is one of the highest priced and most prone to warping, rotting, and chipping. Proper care is required to help wood windows last, but nothing compares to their great warmth and stunning curb appeal.
- Clad windows: If you want the look of wood inside your home without the maintenance, clad windows are ideal. These have wood on the interior and another material, such as vinyl or fiberglass, on the exterior to more effectively withstand the elements.
Choosing the Right Window Operation from Weather Shield
The way your windows operate determines how functional they are. Follow these tips to select the right window operation to suit your needs.
- Double hung: This traditional window style slides up and down. Choose this option if you want the flexibility of opening either the upper or lower sash.
- Casement: Casement windows are oriented vertically like double hung windows, but they have a single sash that pivots outward with hinges located on the left or right side. This is an excellent choice to ease window operation with a crank.
- Awning: Similar to casements, awning windows pivot outward, but the top of the sash is hinged. Install these types of windows high on the wall in the bathroom or walk-in closet for natural light and ventilation without impairing privacy.
- Slider: Let in more natural light and ventilation with a large slider window, which opens by sliding horizontally.
- Specialty shapes: Choose inoperable specialty-shaped picture windows to create a stunning focal point or use them in combination with other windows to provide more natural light.
Find a Local Weather Shield Dealer
Weather Shield works with professional window installers to bring their products to customers nationwide. If you live in the Maryland, DC, and Virginia metropolitan area, Quality Window & Door is a trustworthy Weather Shield dealer near you. We’ve been serving homeowners, contractors, architects, and builders since 1985. Weather Shield is one of our best-selling brands, and we stand behind it 100%!
To request a free consultation for your MD, DC, or VA window project, please contact us online or call us today at 800-370-8751.
A Partner for Contractors & Builders
The best window and door solutions.
We offer a partnership with your company and commit to delivering quality products on time, all the time.