One of the most traditional architecture features, bay windows are a classic way to add a touch of class and elegance to any home in Bethesda, MD. Quality Window & Door carries an assortment of bay windows from a variety of leading manufacturers. So, whether you’re looking to replace an old bay window or wanting to give your home a new architectural flair, contact us today or visit our window showroom for design inspiration!
Bay Window Features
Bay windows are typically found in more traditional homes and buildings. Common features of bay windows include:
- Protrusion – That’s a fancy word for “stick out.” Bay windows usually protrude at about a 30, 45, or 90 degree angle. They make the exterior of your home look bigger and add to the interior square footage. So, if you notice a window that seems to stick out from the rest of the home, chances are it’s a bay window!
- Window Panes – Most bay windows have window panes. Because bay windows are such a traditional window style, it’s natural they go with other traditional window features like panes.
- Window Seats – If you notice a home has this feature, The interior recess on the interior of a bay window is often made into a window seat!
Advantages of Bay Windows
Bay windows don’t just look pretty—they have a lot of practical advantages, increasing the appeal and value of your home.
- More Space – Bay windows are great for making your home look bigger than it actually is. You can use the new space to create a reading nook, an extension of your living room, or a variety of other cozy corners!
- Extra Natural Light – The bigger the window, the more natural light. Given how big bay windows are, you’ll get plenty of natural light that’ll brighten up your whole room!
- Enhanced Views – Because bay windows are built at an angle, you can provide great views!
- Added Curb Appeal – A lot of homeowners like to include bay windows in the front of their house to make it more visually appealing. This can help you get a better price when you sell!
Want to learn more about bay windows and how to incorporate them into your home? If you’re in the Maryland area, contact us today! Whether you choose vinyl, aluminum, or wood, we’d love to help you with all your bay window needs!
Why Choose Quality Window & Door for Bethesda, MD Bay Window Installation?
What makes Quality Window & Door unique is our educational sales process and our non-proprietary selection of bay windows. Many window contractors in the Bethesda, MD area sell only their brand and employ high-pressure sales tactics. You’ll never get “hard closed” at Quality Window & Door. Call our office today or schedule a visit to one of our local showrooms and you’ll see why we’re the “go-to guys” for many of the top builders, architects, and commercial property management companies in the Bethesda, MD area—as well as discerning homeowners!
The more you know about bay windows, the more likely you’ll be to buy them from Quality Window & Door, so call us today and tell us about your situation.
Directions to Our Window & Door Showroom From Bethesda, MD
- Take I-495 E towards Baltimore/Silver Spring
- Take exit 27 to merge onto I-95 N. toward Baltimore
- Take exist 29A-29B for MD0212 toward Beltsville/Calverton
- Merge onto MD-212/PowderMill Rd.
- Turn left onto Virginia Manor Rd.
- Take the first right into Muirkirk Rd.
- Turn right onto Old Baltimore Pike
- Turn right onto Distribution Dr.
- QWD will be on the right.
Bethesda, MD Replacement Window Service Area
Glen Echo, Westmoreland Hills, Glen Mar Park, Bradley Hills Grove,Bradmoor, Kenwood Park, Landon Village, Bradley Woods, Cohasset, Glen Cove, Crestview, Rockville Pike, Strathmore Ave, Fernwood, Georgetown Village, Pooks Hill Rd,Rockville Pike, Battery Park, Bradley Hills
Zip Codes in Bethesda, MD: 20814, 20815, 20816, 20817, 20895
Centor Integrated Doors
Looking at door systems as a whole
Learn more about the beautiful door systems from Centor